Monday, 5 January 2009

Happy New Year

We woke up this morning to a white world. Trees frosted, the lawn a white blanket - the cats very reluctant to go outside! The temperature has plummetted to six below zero, and I'm snug in my office in jumper, t-shirt, cardigan, trousers and boots. Reminds me of the old days when I used to write all hours, had no money for heating and used to dress in every warm thing I could find. Those days are gone, thank goodness, but it's good to be reminded now and again that life was once very hard, and to appreciate all I have now. 'im indoors is tramping about swearing and getting cold as he tries to sort out the broken fence, the dying tree and the shed roof which has blown off. I won't be helping him with roofs or anything else this year - not now that my slipped disc seems to have healed itself. Ain't life a miracle? Have a wonderful year.