Monday, 5 January 2009

A new year and another book

I'm sitting here in my warm office watching the two shetland ponies attempting to nibble the frozen grass that is only just visible above the snow. Yes, it's a beautiful world out there, but cold, well below freezing, and as I'm a woman who hates the cold, I thank goodness I don't have to be out in it!
The next book is waiting to be written. Where to start? What is the first sentence, the first paragraph? These are the joys awaiting me once I've stopped messing about and putting it off. It's all to easy to find something else to do, isn't it? But I know I must get on, so will keep this short. I have the plot, the characters, the period it's set in and the place, so what's stopping me? I'll just go and make another cup of coffee and settle down to it. No excuses. Start today - it's Monday, a new year, a new week. Okay, I'm off. Wish me luck!

No comments: